lol, your making it sound like the end of the world for the poor...

1. 17,185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 600
    lol,

your making it sound like the end of the world for the poor guy,

1) down size your property to a smaller property, your selling and buying in a rising market, your going to pay market price no matter what you do, it is what it is,

a small house, free hold, your age is dictating that you wont be able to mow lawns and prune trees etc, now is the time to enjoy whats left of your life, drink more beer, travel more once the borders are open, spend as many days you can with your kids,

2) set up a blue chip portfolio and let the share market do the heavy lifting for you,,,,,,small amount of money in the bank but at least 2 years income that satisfies you and pays your living expenses,

you will already own a brand new car and youll already own your down sized house, and your son already has the boat, all you have to do is get out of bed in the morning,

3) i would keep away from any form of bitcoin, or any investment that you may never get to enjoy,

sell your shares and the moneys is in your bank account in 2days,
    bank account you can hit the atm as many times as you like,

keep it simple and stay away from complex investment or tax strategies, those types of things make accountants and the ATO money,

4) put enough money into your super that the ATO allows you to for the year, you should be aware of the taxation rules, if you load up your super, the ATO will punish you, you better check that first thing monday morning,

5) stay on top of your health, regular check ups, vaccinations etc,

6) make sure your will is up to date, make sure yourwifes will is up to date,

7) dont worry about growing veggies or donging a sheep on the head for the freezer, you have more than enough money to buy what you want when you want, you wont be eating much,

just keep your beer and wine fridge full,

enjoy the rest ofyour life,

in my opinion,

to me,,,,,,,, thats real big

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.