SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

I am a big holder in SSN and work in the industry, I also sit...

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I am a big holder in SSN and work in the industry, I also sit right next to a guy who comes from Wyoming, very close to Goshen County.

I too watched Gasland and discussed it with him afterwards. Particuarly the footage of the flammable water clearly contaminated with hydrocarbons.

His reaction was very suprising to me and I though worthy of note.

'This is a known phenomenon' basically this land is directly above source rock and hydrocarbons will always try and migrate to surface. People have been able to light the water for decades depending on where you drilled your water well. In his opinion the real reason these people are unhappy is that their Grandfathers / Fathers sold the mineral rights off. Apparently no-one is complaining who is actually getting hydrocarbon revenue.

Now I am not saying that I the water is not contaminated and even that fraccing may make things a bit worse that stands to reason. However it is important to know another potential driver behind the complaints raised in Gasland.

The other issue is there is no way that Obama (and even less likely any Republican) is going to shut the door on the only chance for the US to wean itself off the Middle East oil.

Fraccing may (and should be) subject to tight control near population centres and known major aquifers. I would suspect for very isolated farms it will be water purification / piped in water. Not saying that it's right but that is the way it will be.

Don't sell your SSN shares just yet!

cheers,

Oilman

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.