KAR 0.27% $1.87 karoon energy ltd

catalyst for a rally

1. 1,172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    I inadvertently breached protocol by posting this on the XJO site yesterday.... unwritten law for ONE single thread per day.... and I was not the first.
    Am posting on KAR hoping someone can offer an answer to my question: Question to all Chartists, Fundamentalists and Hopefuls:

What potential catalyst/s will bring about a sustained rally???

They are indeed hard to find. People hold shares in Companies because they believe that when certain milestones are reached the Companies involved will see a significant spike in their SP.
    How many of you are holding shares , waiting for that long overdue, or "almost there" announcement that promises to deliver sufficient profit and strength for you to sell into.... because you just want to GET OUT with a profit?
    After all, you have been patient for so long, it would be unjust to dump your holdings without a profit..... or a reduced loss, at the very least.
    It does seem reasonable to assume on a local(ASX) level, people are being denied their wishes because when good announcements are being made.... discoveries.... increases in Reserves... etc, share prices are savaged by an avalanche of sellers who have been waiting so long for the opportunity to escape.
    The selling seems to have quickened pace because it is taking place well before any forthcoming announcements.
    Indeed these are the sellers who were smart and panicked last week.

We are all aware of the European tragedy. We are all aware of the extent of the situation in Greece..... all except the Greeks, it would seem. After all what sane person would expect their Country to be be continually bailed out.... but not have to endure any hardship themselves?
    The fact that Greece cannot afford the interest on its loans, let alone the principal, does not seem to deter the Greek people from saying.... "Yeah, well, give us some more money because we still believe we are entitled to the promise we would be able to retire on 80% of our retiring salary.... when we reached 58 years of age..... and we are DEFINITELY NOT prepared to experience any hardship."

I assure you that huge roar we will all soon hear, will not emanate from the MCG, it will be from Germany.... as soon as they hear Greece has gone under.

But then, Spain is waiting patiently in the wings for their "15 minutes of fame". Sadly for Portugal, Ireland and Italy, they must wait their turn.

Does anyone know how a Country exits the Euro zone?
    I certainly cant wrap my brain around that one.
    I sense the "rescuers" dont know either.

The global turmoil was thrust upon mere mortals who were given the onerous task of pioneering the rescue of a situation caused by an unprecedented set of circumstances. By and large it has been attempted by printing money at an astonishing rate. The USA is lining up for QE3.
    Remember when we baulked at the term "billion".
    To put that into perspective, if Bripoz was to hand one of you one dollar, EVERY SECOND,for twenty four hours per day... how long would it take to give you that "billionth" dollar?

Answer.... in excess of 32 years.

But, hey... now we dont even blink at "billion".

Now we talk "trillion".
    I am given to understand that if I were to stack US$10,000 dollar notes on top of each other, the "trillionth" note would be 108 kilometres high.
    (The mathematicians among you can verify or debunk that one.)

AND THE USA OWES 15 OF THEM!!

At what point does this practice become inflationary?

Financial institutions across the board have been sliding out of their Greek/Euro exposures for the past few years.
    I sense the flight to quality has seen a disproportunate measure of GOLD SELLING.
    How else does a commodity, historically considered to be a safe haven, fall $400 an ounce.... during times of extraordinary turmoil and uncertainty?
    Perhaps because it got too high in the first place? Maybe.

So, wherein lies the catalyst for this mess to begin righting itself?

I used to understand the fundamentals of the financial system, albeit in a simplistic fashion.... but hell, now I am at a complete loss to comprehend what is going on.... and where it will eventually end up.

I pray the rescuers do not share my ignorance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.87
Change
-0.005(0.27%)
Mkt cap ! $1.498B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.88 $1.88 $1.86 $5.061M 2.710M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25493 $1.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.87 54387 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.