CAB 2.67% $2.19 cabcharge australia limited

catch that cab!

1. 2,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    I'm assuming that the recent spate of state government announcements on legitimising the Uber business and, to a lesser extent, the offering of compensation to taxi plate holders (albeit wholly inadequate, in my opinion: watch out for class actions) has removed much of the uncertainty hanging over CAB.

While current trends will damage CAB's revenue streams, make no mistake, this is a very profitable business as seen in the EBIT margin (underlying) of 26.5%. As such it will support a stronger SP. More importantly, the regulations that have been relaxed to allow Uber (and others) to operate will also be advantageous to the regular taxi industry, and therefore CAB.

Debt:Equity has been reduced to 24.9% and the business is experiencing a CAGR slightly above the inflation rate. Not stellar, but acceptable (although, they sneakily hide the past year's decline in a 5 year average). Costs are, worryingly, increasing and although they explain this away with one-off costs, the cost of doing business will have to decrease to compensate for lower fares growth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.