Hi Pioupiou What you say is basically true but we don't need to...

1. 25,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi Pioupiou

What you say is basically true but we don't need to be totally pessimistic

IMHO it all comes down to the culture or the nationalistic spirit of the people

From my experience people are broken into 3 categories
    Very small 1 %- 2 % who will genuinely lead and work hard to achieve a result, some for altruistic reason, others for personal gain, these are the real shakers and movers
    Then you have the willing workers who may not want the responsibility but just need leadership maybe 30%
    After that are the sheep, no responsibility, no loyalty, totally self centered, but even this group will help his fellow man

It has been reported many times that although people are drafted, dragged into an army the person they fight for is the person beside them, their mates.

Whatever character, or national spirit that Australians showed in the past has been IMHO deliberately diluted by the recent massive intake of migrants who are mostly only motivated by an easy life and money, their loyalty in a time of crisis cannot be guaranteed as they have no ties to this country

If Australia was forced into a war tomorrow there would be very few volunteers, they would have to draft the entire army

So how do you weld all the people into a cohesive nationalistic group, start in the schools and rebuild the nation from the ground up, that would take the next 50 years !

All the above IMHO has been a deliberate strategy
    If we have gone past the point of no return I don't know

Certainly in the times of national crisis, bushfires, floods etc the majority of the recovery is performed by the people, not the politicians or the government

I remember when Brisbane was flooded years ago people drove 100s of kms with their wheel barrows , trailers, trucks etc and just knocked on doors saying "what do you want me to do"
    We need to get that "feeling" back then we will have a hope for the future

You can't blame business for making money but you have to control their actions in the interests of the people, such as it was the politicians who effectively moved all of our manufacturing ability overseas, not for our benefit surely ?

It must be remembered that Politicians are just ordinary people and suffer from the same frailties that you and I exhibit, we also need direction and if there is no leader above us we need a clear set of instruction and rules to follow, for without a responsibility we will all go off the rails, our politicians have no control and no need to perform, so don't change the people rebuild the system so that if they louse up they can be kicked out like any bad worker, because only then can Australia hope to rebuild and prosper

Just my opinions

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.