Hi MM I said the culture of the Australian manufacturing section...

1. 25,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi MM
    I said the culture of the Australian manufacturing section and workers in general need to change, because we are too much like the UK and the USA

Little story -- when pollution controls were being introduced on cars the US Gov gave their motor industry 10 years to have them on all cars, the Japanese had all their cars equipped to reg within 3 years and at the end of 10 years the US manufacturers said they wanted more time. t was not that the US could not do it but their programs were too slow to be able to accommodate "rapid" change
    Talked to a guy who made electronic equipment and he said he had just got a good order from Singapore and I said how much does he sell to the Aus. government, --- he said nil as they needed 12 months to even answer a letter
    I have dealt with the government and my experience has been the same

It is not that they can't do it just a fact that they don't see why they should
    How can you trust a governemnt department that stuffs up all the defense orders on equipment ?
    To me it's the culture, far too close to the Yes Minister comedy

This is the same reason that total Government control of any sort of business is pathetic and doomed to failure

The politicians do not shoulder any responsibility for what they do
    The PS can't be sacked, effectively they do not have any bosses
    They have zero concept of how a business needs to be run

They have have made many derogative comments about Pauline Hansen but as a small business operator she probably has more knowledge of how to run a business than the whole of the PS put together

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.