rose -Blanchett and Caton and co. are "slagging" people, as you...

1. 8,527 Posts.
    rose -

Blanchett and Caton and co. are "slagging" people, as you put it -

the insinuation that we are all as dumb as hell, and therefore
    they, as actors, are somehow superior, and we must so what they tell us, as they are rich, "important", and happen to be well-known (and don't the whole acting/Arts community follow the LAbor PArty by rote?) is slagging us - they agree to participate in what is blatant political propganda - and talk down to us as if we are stupid and they know best.

Remember Blnachett at Rudd's talk fest in Canberra - 1000 of the best minds - or was it 100 - whatever!

Where did that charade take us? Absolutely down the garden path - to nowhere!

I think Blanchett was at Copernhagen too - sort of the unofficial mascot of the Labor Party, perhaps? That was a farce too - they all froze their backsides off in a winter which was bitter to say the least.Crunch crunch crunch through the heaviest of snow-drifts - to attend a conference which tells us we're all going to fry.

I DO wish these people would stick to acting - and stop lecturing us - the common plebs! According to their lofty view - seem to think we all don't have one brain to rub on another between the lot of us. Gillard thinks this too!

Bread and circuses were the Roman Emperor's sop to the poor and unwashed, to shut them up, for a while. Until they remembered their misery, and the hunger pangs kicked in again, and they got angry, or bored. Using Film Stars for biased, skewed, and lying media propoganda and arm twisting seems to be our sop! Cannot stomach it, myself.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.