DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

cathay fortune to bid again for discovery meta

1. 5,681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    Looks like my following post this morning is correct, CFC will bid again, I also think it's on market bid this time.

at 58c-85c.

Robb Stewart
    April 24, 2013 11:51AM

Increase Text Size
    Decrease Text Size

CHINESE private equity firm Cathay Fortune said it is ready to make a new cash offer for Discovery Metals on condition the Africa-focused copper explorer drops plans to raise equity.

It comes two months after Cathay walked away from an $870 million bid for the Australia-listed company on concerns about its Boseto copper project in Botswana.

quote my early post---but on one give me thumb up?

"so many scary stuffs coming up when DML SP already slumped 80%. Depending on the placement offer price which I personally think is 30c per share, if there is an underwriter SHs could expect SP recover slowly.

Copper price is the King atm, if till remains above $3/lb not that bad for DML.

The real problem with DML atm is :

"still working through oxide and transitional material while the most of the mineralisation is sulphide. "

I noticed DML already announced they have reached the sulphide ore in April, maybe that's why the board start to expect Positive cash flow in June 1/4.

Anyway, as a top 10 Africa copper mining projects, 200-300Mt resource in place, I believe DML will be always a takeover target.

Hopefully the short-term pain can be ended by the sulphide ore soon. DML could be worth much more than 80c per share(after dilution ) as long as the operation cost is less than $2/lb.

Current SP also creates an fantastic opportunity for CFC to acquire DML at 1/3-1/2 cost of its initial offer/ ie 58c--85c, if they can lunch a on market takeover offer ASAP.

99% of the SHs could sell their shares at this price range if there is a scary 25c placement offer."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.