If I'm not mistaken you are a Jehovah Witness. How about we trot...

1. 3,979 Posts.
    If I'm not mistaken you are a Jehovah Witness. How about we trot out what the Royal Commission revealed about your hierarchy? The fewness of your numbers in this country compared to the RCC suggests that it was less safe for a child to be a Jehovah Witness than a RCC.

The Royal Commission identified the following policies and practices in the Jehovah’s Witness organisation’s response to child sexual abuse as problematic: • the organisation does not have a practice of reporting child sexual abuse to police or any other authority • before 1998, a survivor of child sexual abuse was required to make their allegation in the presence of their abuser • if the accused does not confess, there is an inflexible requirement that there be two eyewitnesses to an incident of child sexual abuse • women are absent from the decision-making processes of the internal disciplinary system • there is no clear provision for a survivor to be accompanied by a support person during the internal disciplinary process • the organisation has limited and ineffective risk management practices • the organisation has a policy and practice of shunning those who wish to leave the organisation.

evidence before the Royal Commission of case files held by the organisation recording allegations of child sexual abuse made against 1,006 members of the organisation.

How many of those 1,006, cases, which are the tip of the iceberg by the way, were reported to a real authority.

Not a single one, zero. Once again religious body put before the safety and wellbeing of the child.

Now here is a chance to un-hypocrite yourself. I expect you'll be resigning from the JW tomorrow.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.