IT would be good if you gave a little more in-depth to what your...

1. 5,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2307
    IT would be good if you gave a little more in-depth to what your saying or implying.

I think I see where you’re coming from regarding faith and works, and I understand your concern about the idea that works might be seen as necessary for justification or salvation. You’re right to point out that Paul strongly emphasized salvation by grace through faith, as seen in Ephesians 2:8-9, where he teaches that salvation is a gift from God, not something earned by works.

However, I wonder if there might be a misunderstanding regarding the role of works in relation to faith. While Paul teaches that we are justified by faith apart from works of the law, he also talks about the transformation that faith produces in a believer’s life. In places like Galatians 5:6, Paul mentions, “The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” This suggests that true faith naturally leads to actions that reflect that faith.

Also, when we look at James 2:17, we see that "faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." While this doesn’t mean we are saved by works, it does indicate that genuine faith produces fruit in our lives. So, rather than faith and works being two separate things needed for salvation, perhaps it’s that works are the evidence of living faith—the result of being saved, not the cause.
    Would it be possible that Paul and James are speaking about two aspects of the same truth? Paul focuses on faith as the means of salvation, while James emphasizes that this faith is not passive but active, leading to a transformed life that reflects Yeshua's teachings.

I offer this humbly, as I know these can be deep discussions. It’s important we keep focusing on Yeshua's love and grace, and I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on how these passages fit together.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.