AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

CATL’s IPO and reference to Manono, page-248

1. 560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 484
    Are people honestly still suggesting that there is some cloud over AVZ's legal right to mine Manono? It was funny how proud of himself that fellow was last month when he discovered the silver bullet that was Minocom's legal ownership of the tailings.

Patrick had spoken openly of this 6 months earlier at the GM. The below quotes are taken from my summaries of both meetings.

General Meeting on 15/10/17:

"The tailings all sit on AVZ's tenement, but their ownership exists under a separate licence which AVZ do not hold. I don't recall Patrick saying who owns this licence, or if AVZ intend to acquire it, but Nigel did mention that artisanal miners are regularly seen picking through the tailings.

The new road from Lubumbashi to Kolwezi is complete, but Dathomir are still in the process of securing funding to complete the final leg from Kolwezi to Manono."

The next one relates to the maintenance of the roads and the expected completion date. The first announcement to mention Dathomir having secured the road funding was dated 20/11/17, so the details should have been very fresh in Nigel's mind when he led the AGM 9 days later.

Annual General Meeting on 29/11/17:

"The road to Manono will have 2-3 tolls to pay for maintenance (and presumably a tidy profit). The drive from Lubumbashi currently takes 1-1.5 days in the dry season, or up to 10 days in the wet. Once the road is complete in ~2 years time, the trip is expected to take 10 hours. The road will cross 3 rivers"

Sorry if the next one has been referenced recently. I haven't seen it, but it's hard to keep up lately. The translated copy of Bank of China's presentation on AVZ on 07/09/17 (posted by @aussie155):

2) Infrastructure transportation
    The current Manono project to Lubumbashi (between the two red circles in Figure 8) has a total of 500 km of roads that have been built in 200 km, and Dassomir and Cominiere are committed to resolving the remaining 300 km of the current construction unit For China Railway Corporation, is expected to 12-24 months can be completed.

Figure 8: Manono project with the location of Lubumbashi

This has been an interesting discussion and unearthed some great new information about the current progress of the road, but just in response to this comment:

"So as everyone here now believes you are an expert having only just started to supply information like this and never done so before."

I wanted to point out that @Obe wan has been one of the best researchers and consistent, sensible commentators on this stock for over 15 months now - since the day AVZ acquired Manono. I have really appreciated your efforts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.