Car exhaust fumes contain certain poisonous chemicals, including...

1. 10,635 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39

Why Are Vehicles’ Exhaust Fumes Harmful To Humans?

Table of Contents (click to expand)

Car exhaust fumes are harmful to humans because they contain certain poisonous chemicals, including carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, formaldehyde, benzene and soot, all of which can be detrimental to the human body if consistently inhaled in large quantities.

Car exhaust fumes contain certain poisonous chemicals, including carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, formaldehyde, benzene and soot, all of which can be detrimental to the human body if consistently inhaled in large quantities.

Sometimes, we like things that are just plain weird and make very little sense in an otherwise sensible world. I have a friend who likes eating pieces of chalk, another who likes eating soil (I’m not kidding), and a third who likes the aroma of pesticide smoke. I can’t judge them too much, however, because as a child, I used to love the smell of gasoline, while some of my friends loved the smell of car exhaust fumes!

While such preferences are irrational and a bit odd, some are much more than that. For example, smelling (which in effect becomes inhaling) car exhaust gases is extremely harmful to the body. In the most extreme cases, it can kill people who are exposed to large doses.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.