NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

cats outta the bag - part two

1. 72 Posts.
    I hope I do not seem rude, but I can't tell if the raaull's opening post to the cats outta the bag thread was in jest or not? I think it was - ie that NWE has been producing lots of oil and transporting it in bulk to some refinery somewhere, all without disclosing this to the market - ok, so its a joke.

Whilst I have thoroughly enjoyed the humour, gossip and repartee that has filled the time since the last announcement on september 6 - and lets face it, apart from Seahunt and Handbrake Harry, nothing new of substance has been learned as to what is happening at A2 or with the company in that time, I think it would be interesting to learn a bit more about what might be happening at the moment at A2.

Disclosure: in saying this, I don't wish to disparage the humorists, because I enjoy it immensely - more so when it irritates the school teacher and librarian types amongst us.

That said, could I be serious and ask - can someone who really does know about these things give us an indication as to what might be happening at A2?

Specifically, I am wondering:

1. how long does / might clean-up take? further, is it difficult to answer that given our frack was deeper than most fracks (in the US) against which we might benchmark ourselves?

2. if it takes a long time for injected water (and the last announcement mentions only injected water, gas and oil flowing to the surface, but not the other frack fluids), could this indicate that the flow is not gushing, but a slower, gentler kind of seeping is occurring? (I can see what a mischievous mind could make of this ... )

3. if the answer to 2 is yes, then (a) is approx 3 weeks indicative of low pressure flow; (b) is that bad (c) or is volume and quality more important than high pressure "gushing"?

In posing these questions, I should note that my understanding is that it is only the Kockatea which is now being tested - the other zones will only be reactivated after Kockatea is cleaned up and flow rates established. Given the terms of the last announcement, I would not expect the other zones to be looked at again until Kockatea results were known and announced.

In the same vein, the announcement suggests that a contingent resource estimate will be made following Kockatea results - would that estimate be only for Kockatea? I don't see how it could cover the other zones in such circumstances?

Its easy to ask questions I know, and much harder to answer them. But if someone who actually has some technical experience could answer some of these questions, I am sure that at least a few of us would appreciate a heads up as to typical / expected frack outcomes / timeframes.

Sorry for the length and demanding nature of this post.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.