RWD 6.78% 5.5¢ reward minerals ltd

cause for optimism

1. 2,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    The sp has been hit by the double whammy; the cr, where it has followed a well-worn path of falling to the strike price and global stories of the demise of the potash price. I think the second of these two influences is irrelevant to Reward at this stage of our development, but as regular posters we know this and the broader market doesn't. Given these two factors I think the sp is doing reasonably well.
    I do see reason for optimism in the relatively near future. The quarterly makes it clear that we are going to be drilling in three areas in the near term.
    Some posters who I respect dismiss this as being relatively unimportant. Their logic is sound; we have enough resource to supply the local and Asian market for 50 years now, pushing it out to 70 or even a 100 year supply doesn't make a great deal of difference.
    While I respect this view I do beg to differ. We know that BHP recently offered 3 billion dollars to try and buy into the potash business. They are not offering that for Reward, our resource is not big enough.
    The current resource is based on drilling down to 4 metres, similar lakes overseas hold potash down to 20 metres. This alone gives the capacity to quadruple or more the resource.

We are going to drill ground adjacent to the lake to try and quantify recharge rates. A quite possible outcome of this drilling is the resource enlarged to 100 million tonnes with a recharge rate of 0.05 percent. This would mean we could extract 500,000 tonnes a year for ever. Forever outranks 50 years. All this without the unlikely but possible blue sky of Officer drilling.
    This could put us on the map on a world scale and attract significant attention from the majors. It has always been my personal belief that Reward would get taken over before it produced. I know the boss would have to sell his stake but he is not getting any younger and he could be persuaded by a significant premium. The upcoming drilling is the best way to expedite that premium.
    Everly optimistic, Pagarsi.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RWD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.