CTP 6.25% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

Caution: Protect your vote!!!

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Attending the meeting and Voting Directly.....

You may vote directly on the Scheme Resolution without attending the meeting or appointing a proxy by completing the Scheme
    Voting Form.

Your direct vote does not preclude you from attending in person. However, unless you advise the Central Share Registry otherwise,
    your attendance will have the effect of revoking your direct vote.

The above is directly from the scheme booklets and can be easily checked for your own info and research on p11 of the current supplementary scheme booklet released on the 31st of May.

The concern I have is in the second paragraph which may impact those among us who have already voted and may attend the meeting (whenever it actually happens). The way it reads presents a concern that people who have voted and then attend the meeting (without advising they have already voted and do not want to revoke their vote) may have their votes cancelled/revoked. To me, it provides a legal avenue to cancel votes.

I rang the information line provided for the booklet and surprise surprise it rings out.

I rang Computershare to check what needed to be done to ensure that I could take the correct steps to protect my vote. The girl I spoke to did not seem to fully understand the issue as she could not find a copy of the scheme booklet or supplementary booklet (strange since it is sent to us via Computershare). Anyway, she went to speak to a supervisor and came back and said that the electronic voting should not be affected by our attendance, but if we were concerned we should just vote again at the meeting to make sure. This did not fill me with confidence, I will be continuing to investigate further and will keep you all up to date.

I am concerned that this wording leaves a loophole to cancel votes if the outcome is not as desired. It is clear that a majority of votes being posted are no votes, imagine if we then attend the meeting without officially notifying the 'Central Share Registry'... Technically our votes are revoked, without a replacement vote it would mean that my 2 accounts votes dont get counted. Imagine all of the majors who have voted no, what if their votes no longer count. We would be in serious danger of losing the vote....

Presently my advice to everyone who has voted and plans to attend the meeting, make sure when you check in that you tell the girls behind the desk that you have voted and do not want your vote revoked.

Note this is not legal or financial advice, just my opinion and warning to check this out for yourselves.

DYOR
    Cheers
    R

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.003(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.4¢ 5.1¢ $89.16K 1.716M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18637 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 34474 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.