WHC 2.92% $6.97 whitehaven coal limited

Caution, share price is too high, page-44

1. 994 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 669
    @FreedomInvestor charts..

There are many holes that I see in your logic, there is more to a stock than the SP movement and volume (FCF, fundamentals, buybacks ect..) like others here have already mentioned, but let me focus just on your two metrics of choice for a moment.

A few examples where WHC low volume does not equal a lowering of the SP nor does high volume a rise in share price.

1 - Between May 2016 and October 2020 the SP gained and lost about 600% and the volume remained relatively stable throughout.

2 - Between January and November of 2020 the volume increased by an average of 30-40% but the SP dropped 70%. To blame COVID for this does not cut the cake because recessions are a normal part of longer term market behavior and it needs to fit into the mold of an investment strategy.

3 - April 2012 to July 2013 saw SP drop by about 60% but average volume increased by more than 120% over that time frame.

4 - Volume for WHC has consistently been on the rise across both up and down swings in SP since the stock was listed. I have done a post about this a few months ago, find it here -> 60553970

I appreciate your thoughts and investment analysis on here because a contrary opinion is healthy to a discussion and investment strategy overall. Since most of us here are long term holders, 12 months +, I would also appreciate your comment on any of the points I have mentioned or the downside to the fundamentals that many of us base our long term investment strategy on.

P.S.. You will likely find yourself alone here on WHC threads in your shorting position, luckily the Wyckoff Logic Climax zone sounds like a party for one anyway..
    Last edited by Alejandro1: 03/06/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.