CAY 3.03% 6.4¢ canyon resources limited

cay - mmi value comparison

1. 6,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    Compare MMI’s Bauxite Hills project in Queensland to CAY’s potential Cameroon bauxite interest.

MMI are about to ship their first load of bauxite to begin the expected 2MTPA. Market factoring in commissioning risks etc and valuing the company with a market cap of around $400mil. If you read Argonaut’s buy recommendation on the 21st Aug 2017 they are valuing MMI at $550 market cap when 2MTPA is in full swing.

MMI’s Bauxite Hills project has a resource of 92MT, MMI in the coming years ramping up production to 5MTPA and expected mine life is 17 years.

Canyon’s potential interest in Cameroon (Minin Martap/Ngaoundal) has an indicated/inferred resource of 550MT and expected mine life of over 60 years if producing at 7MTPA.

MMI and CAY capex and operating costs similar, CAY most probably going to get a higher amount per ton due to much lower impurities. Both are/will be DSO(Direct Shipping Operations)

CAY are proposing an initial shipment of 5MTPA with an expectation of multiple times that pending rail upgrade.

Bauxite and Alumina markets in full bull trend. RIO expect demand to grow every year until 2030. China holds similar views.

Taking into account what the market is currently valuing MMI at and comparing the size of the respected resources and quality, a valuation of $2.5 - $3.0 Bil market cap for CAY is certainly not out of the question.

If CAY upgrade the rail and IMO they will, exporting 20MTPA will certainly push the share price past $10.

Taking into account of the robust economics, mine life and long term demand for Alumina, finance shouldn’t be a problem either.

Basically it’s a monster deposit, low overburden, high grade with low impurities. The project viability isn’t questionable. The risk is failure to secure the license to mine the deposit. IMO they have it and it’s going through bureaucratic formalities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.4¢
Change
-0.002(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $87.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.6¢ 6.6¢ 6.2¢ $72.63K 1.132M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 127034 6.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.5¢ 68000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.