CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

I would urge caution against putting any credibility into this...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    I would urge caution against putting any credibility into this article today.

The paper "understands" that "support was given" by the CBA.

That really is about it.

We have the usual "commentators speculated..." and "one market source said". but there is nothing concrete at all.

Contributors to this HC forum are market commentators. This suggests we are as likely to provide a printable commentary as anyone else.

The article also mentioned another unsourced article last week which suggested that the AUD value of the US debt had increased. This was not confirmed at the time either.

Even if the Treasury area within the banks concerned have got their foreign currency hedging wrong (which I doubt anyway), to suggest that they will punish Centro for the mistake is frankly juvenile.

In the current doom-and-gloom environment, you will notice that few business articles end on a positive note and this one from the Oz keeps with the strategy by regurgitating the GS piece.

Finishing an article on a negative note is deliberately done and is quite easy to spot. To test this, try reading only the final paragraph or few lines of a selection of random articles in business sections of papers. You'll see what I mean.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.