Commonwealth Bank system glitch doubles customer transactionsBy...

1. 2,870 Posts.
    Commonwealth Bank system glitch doubles customer transactions
    By Andrew Ramadge, Technology Reporter November 25, 2008 11:29am
    Email article

Share article
    Add to Digg

Add to del.icio.us

Post to NewsVine

Post to Facebook

Add to Kwoff

Post to MySpace

What are these?

Printer friendly

Text size + - Money ... Commonwealth Bank customers have been urged to check their accounts after a glitch / Derek Moore
    Have your say!
    Comments are open on this article - add yours
    Transactions affected by Commonwealth Bank glitch
    Customers report money missing from their accounts
    Spokesman advises customers to check their balance

COMMONWEALTH Bank customers missing thousands of dollars after a glitch today have been told there is no timeframe for their money to be returned.

Bank staff are informing customers that a "processing error" was behind the bungle and that the company does not know when it will be sorted out.

Customers have reported sums of up to $5000 going missing from their account this morning, in some cases leaving them overdrawn and unable to withdraw cash.

One customer reported that money from transactions made between Saturday and yesterday had disappeared overnight, despite having been in his account yesterday.

Have you lost money? Tell us below or contact [email protected].

Another customer said her salary payment had not gone through today as scheduled.

"When I called the CBA call centre this morning... I was in their queue for 20 mins before I got to speak to someone," said the Sydney sales worker, who declined to be named.

"The lady was lovely though and whilst she apologised profusely for the error... she was unable to give me an ETA for rectification other than sometime in the next 24 hours."

Customers have been told that any fees incurred by the bungle, such as overdraw charges, can be refunded by lodging a request with bank staff.

Commonwealth Bank spokesman Bryan Fitzgerald earlier today said the company had "no idea" how many customers had been affected, but that everything possible was being done to rectify the situation.

"We’re trying to get to the bottom of this as quickly as we can," Mr Fitzgerald told 3AW radio.

"Our customers are our main priority and we apologise to them for this glitch."

Mr Fitzgerald advised customers who performed a transaction online or at an ATM yesterday to check their accounts.

With Patrick Horan of the Herald-Sun

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.