CBA 0.34% $118.71 commonwealth bank of australia.

Bit of a hiccup with first flight with Jetstar cancelling while...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2597
    Bit of a hiccup with first flight with Jetstar cancelling while at the airport but found another and now in transit to the land of smiles so I'll update yesterday's TA update while I wait.

So there was some really interesting developments overnight in a few markets.

I did take a short position on CBA yesterday but would have gone in a lot heavier if gold was at $1930 and XJO was 7300 - both fell a little short so position was tempered.

Yesterdays failed breakdown in gold markets looks pretty bullish if you're a gold bug. Seeing as the latest rip in gold was helped by bank uncertainty it does look like smart money doesn't quite believe banks will be just fine.

Looking at US banks and there was some very interesting trade patterns overnight with a number of banks doing exactly what CBA did yesterday and rejected a strong VPOC.

Most notably JPM - I mentioned to keep an eye on them and to get bullish if they can break back above $135 but it not only hasn't made it back to even get a look up there but it just rejected it's 6mth POC (and this is an important one considering positioning over the past 6mths)

The other bank I mentioned was worth watching is SCHW. Remember, was only a month or two ago this was ranked around 10th biggest bank in the world.

The wheels have certainly fallen off since then and last nights rejection on another VPOC could be telling if not rectified in the next session or two.

CBA obviously has a key catalyst today which can buck the trend of what's going on with US banks and we wait for the RBA to tell us just how much trouble us Aussies will be in (not that you can believe much from them)

Not sure how much CBA wants to move before that catalyst but be careful if you're trading off the back of the decision as MMs do like to use such events to throw retail right off the real move.

Interesting times ahead...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$118.71
Change
-0.410(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $198.8B
Open High Low Value Volume
$118.70 $119.22 $118.54 $52.67M 443.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 119 $118.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$118.72 345 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.56pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$118.70
  Change
-0.410 ( 0.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$118.98 $119.20 $118.50 48339
Last updated 14.16pm 14/05/2024 ?
CBA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.