ZLD 24.8% 75.5¢ zelira therapeutics limited

CBD & Cannabidiol now available over the counter, page-7

1. 1,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I have some knowledge in this area after legally manufacturing Cannabis oil for my son to help him through his cancer journey. To be clear we had TGA authority and Justice department permission.
    I belong to a group called 'United in Compassion' which is a group who campaigns for Cannabis medicine to be available as a first choice not a last choice. I have seen first hand the benefits that it bought to my sons suffering and have since met others with remarkable stories.
    Here is the latest release from the group..

There is a lot of press about the availability of CBD over the counter as at 1/2/2021.
    Well not all of the commentary is quite right.
    Rhys Cohen puts it succinctly here:
    1/ You can *not* get CBD over-the-counter at pharmacies in Australia - You won't be able to for at least 1-2 years and possibly never.
    There has been a lot of misleading news coverage about this which I think is irresponsible and could end up harming people.
    2/ The TGA has determined that low-dose CBD products, which have been proven through clinical trials to treat specific symptoms at low doses, might be available over-the-counter, once they have gone through an expensive and time consuming drug approval process.
    3/ There is little evidence that CBD at low doses is effective for treating anything. A small number of companies are in the early stages of planning or running initial clinical trials to further investigate the possibility of clinical efficacy.
    4/ IF these trials are successful and companies are able to prove efficacy at these very low doses they MIGHT be 1-2 years away at the very earliest from having products on shelves.
    5/ In the meantime, all this "CBD is now available" and "we know it works" news coverage is going to send thousands of Australians to their pharmacy where they will be told "nope, can't help you" and promptly jump online to buy unregulated CBD instead.
    6/ Unregulated CBD bought online has no quality or safety controls. Best case scenario, people will be ripped off or end up using CBD without any clinical oversight - worst case, they might accidentally ingest THC or harmful contaminants.
    ..... Rhys closes with a note to journos .....when you're reporting on the availability of a new drug you have a responsibility as a journalist to clearly communicate the facts - Buying into the CBD hype to get more clicks is cynical and misleading....

Comment

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZLD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.