CBZ 0.00% 5.2¢ cbio limited

CBIO only listed on the ASX in Feb 2010 so since 2001 it has...

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    CBIO only listed on the ASX in Feb 2010 so since 2001 it has been an unlisted company raising money privately.
    Unlisted companies still have to abide by Company laws as in holding AGMS & quarterly reports being sent out etc - difference is you couldn't buy shares directly online or via all Brokers as you can since it listed but previously had to wait until they had an offering as such which they did every few years at the prices mentioned (& one time at $8 share too!).
    Biotechs back then were the HOT sector & mining companies just couldn't raise any funds & were struggling while everyone was throwing money at the Biotechs then it turned around & mining has been the HOT sector for years now so the Biotechs were left struggling instead - listing the company opens up other avenues for it to raise money.

Only typo I made is it should be RIO not BHP & they are offering $16.50 per share to RIV - would have been nice to be in that one but hoping CBIO will come home instead!

The main reason trials get sidetracked or discontinued is that it is very hard to round up enough patients from many states & countries around the world to get to one area to conduct a trial or find enough people in one city to do this & is a reason many have to head overseas to concentrated areas of the disease to trial a potential drug so if can't get enough numbers for the trial they have to cancel it.
    Some people only find out about the trials if their Doctor would recommend them to attend but the doctor is usually happy prescribing present drugs they have access to as they get kickbacks from that so this is another hiccup.

It takes mega money to get to the stage that CBIO is at now so only a few weeks away & we'll know though many drug companies will try to jump in - Nova Nordisk has first option but if CBIO board don't like the offer they are then allowed to put it out to the other drug companies - at one stage they had 9 other big drug companies taking an interest in their trials so they are probably hovering around waiting for result of these final trials.

All along the results have been positive & it has helped or cured many patients & at one AGM about 2 years ago I sat next to a lady who had been on a trial & before it she couldn't open her hands up & now she could - she was totally estatic about the change to her life so I've seen the effects first hand!

Bring it on!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.