NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Old rights, new rights?I think of PAJAs and so follow any...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Old rights, new rights?
    I think of PAJAs and so follow any stories about mining rights CC judgements.

see here one dated 12 Dec 13

http://www.thenewage.co.za/113945-9-53-Department_owns_Kuruman_mining_rights_Constitutional_Court

not sure I have followed this case adequately or if applicable?
    it begins......
    "The mineral resources department became the exclusive holder of a disputed mining right in Kuruman when Arcelor Mittal SA's (Amsa) old order mining rights expired in 2009, the Constitutional Court ruled on Thursday.

It set aside orders by the High Court in Pretoria and the Supreme Court of Appeal that the rights resided with the Sishen Iron Ore Company.

It replaced the lower courts' orders with an order declaring that the conversion of Sishen's old order mining right did not include Amsa's old order mining right.

It also declared that Amsa's old order mining right ceased to exist in terms of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (MPRDA) on April 30, 2009.

"The old order mining right reverted to the state, as custodian of the right, in terms of the act," the court found." continues.........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.