BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

CC, page-29

1. 2,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    Hoy is right. And if I can add...

We’ve tried so hard as a company to make a deal, even with positive data with OPMD, AMD, and HBV. And yes, perhaps AMD still need a little work, and HBV wasn’t quite the “one-shot-cure”, but we have good data. And still Benitec is treated like the red headed-stepchild-black sheep of biotech. I just read where a company raised 40 million for anti-aging! And here we are trying to cure blindness and a chronic liver-attacking disease that is 4 times more prevelant than HCV.

Cancer is cancer. And if Benitec can get some really good outcomes in Russia, then maybe they can spur some vigor into investing in them like never before. If that means going to Russia to save money and effectively run a trial, then so be it. Hoy is right. Russians get cancer too. And if they can strike a deal with OPMD AND raise capital, they may be in a better spot 4-5 months from now than we think.

Given the limited options and cash, management has to think outside the box, eat a little crow in the meantime, but do what has to be done...and I think we’re seeing them put their noses to the grindstone. I may be a little disappointed the trial isn’t going to be in the US, but Cancer is a big deal. And if they can get the same results with way less cash burn, then go baby, go.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.