CCP 1.66% $15.28 credit corp group limited

CCP in trouble? Cap raise after directors dumped on market. Red flag, page-10

1. 4,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1229
    I fully agree. I was going to opine much the same view, but I did not, because I did not know what Uncle Don is worth, nor did I know his family circumstances. I am some nine years older than Don, and have four offspring whose ages range from 37 to 47. If I had a net worth of many millions, I would be inclined to give them all a generous advance on inheritance, and I would have been more so inclined a decade earlier, when they could have used the funds to buy homes. That is why I do not see any reason to auger bad news from Don's share sales. That he has held on to such a large proportion of his peak holdings speaks volumes to the contrary.

This thread is called “CCP in Trouble”. I think the greater likelihood is that its competitors are in trouble. It is interesting that part of the reasoning for CCP's capital raising is to seize debt-buying opportunities in Aus/NZ that may occur because, as CCP puts it:
    Elevated pricing is increasing competitor stress.
    Capital availability in the sector is tightening.

I do not spend time watching PNC and CHL carefully, but somebody who does might comment on the above two dot points, or any other issue relevant to PNC and CLH.

As an aside, I do not like capital raisings, because my view is that an established business should be able to fund as much growth as it can handle without diluting shares by issuing more. Giving institutions and high-net-worth individuals shares at a discount gets up my nose, because it discriminates against retail investors who hold the stock. It is possible that the current opportunities for CCP to seize are so good, that a case can be for the capital-raising now at hand - something we can only evaluate down the track.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.28
Change
0.250(1.66%)
Mkt cap ! $1.040B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.10 $15.35 $15.10 $2.455M 161.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1905 $15.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.28 868 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CCP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.