RED 0.00% 38.0¢ red 5 limited

To the best of my knowledge the previous pit failure was as much...

1. 12,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    To the best of my knowledge the previous pit failure was as much about groundwater weakening a structural plane and making it vulnerable to collapse in heavy rain. Someone may be able to enlighten readers better than that. The recent commissioning of permanent dewatering bores to the east of the pit should assist to address that unwanted load on highly weathered walls, as well as prevent pit flooding. However that commentary does not imply any opinion regarding overall pit stability.

If I was thinking about money invested, with consideration to the current flood situation, I would be focussed on 3 factors.

1. High energy stream flows "testing" the erosional resistance and overall stability of the bund, diversion and other remedial works.

2. The potential effects of subsequent saturation due to inundation by low energy waters from the back-flooding of lake Mainit.

3. What MGB might now be thinking when deciding to approve a HDPE-lined interim tailings storage facility that is even further downstream onto an area that is naturally subject to frequent inundation.

So yeah, shareholders might be expecting answers to queries at least for factors 1 and 2, as well as any info about the pit being sought.

On the topic of pit flooding: since being placed on care and maintenance, I don't know how much they have let it go to fill with groundwater again, if at all. But they are recently qualified experts in emptying it anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.584B
Open High Low Value Volume
37.5¢ 38.5¢ 36.5¢ $8.399M 22.35M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 193788 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.5¢ 33312 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.