BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

Also from the opponents... Uranium ruling celebrated Published:...

1. 895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    Also from the opponents...

Uranium ruling celebrated

Published: December 5, 2016; Last modified: December 5, 2016 11:30PM
    CANON CITY — A state health department determination Thursday that proposed ablation operations must be regulated through a state milling license is viewed as a victory by uranium mining opponents here.

Black Range Minerals, now owned by Western Uranium of Canada, proposes to use ablation technology to extract uranium from the Sunday Mine Complex near Uravan in Montrose County. Black Range also has been exploring for uranium in the Taylor Ranch area northwest of Canon City since 2008.
    Residents concerned about the potential impact of renewed uranium mining formed the opposition group Tallahassee Area Committee.

“Although this decision is strictly limited to the Black Range proposed operations at the Sunday Mine and is not directly applicable to any other application of ablation, it clearly is a complete rejection of the Black Range/Western Uranium position,” said Lee Alter, a member of the Tallahassee Area Committee. “There are a number of issues that are still outstanding or unclear, but the big picture is that ablation technology is a uranium milling activity and must be regulated as uranium milling requiring a radioactive material license,” through the state.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.