CDT 25.0% 0.5¢ castle minerals limited

I like trading oppies but I have never converted them yet,...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    I like trading oppies but I have never converted them yet, although I believe it is a simple process and can bedone online with your broker.

i trade short to mid term and oppies give added leverage, so if I’m confident price will go up then they give me opportunities to maximise profits,

using CDTO as an example, I purchased some at 1.4c a month or two ago. At the time the heads were around 2.7c I think, so only a difference of 1.3c even though the exercise price is 2.2c. Most are happy to pay this kind of premium when the expiry date is so far away (about 2 years). Now the oppies are at 2.9 and the heads at 4.2. So both have increased by 1.5c. The advantage for me is that the heads have gone up by 55% whereas the oppies have gone up by 107% - a big difference in my profits. If CDT gets to 10c in 6 months time, I’m likely to get at least 8c for my oppies, so the higher the price rise the bigger the gap in profits for me

keep in mind that some options have much shorter expiry times and it’s possible to lose all of your money if the heads lose value and you’re stuck holding worthless oppies. A high risk/high reward play.

All just IMO and not advice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $6.639M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $6.37K 1.419M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 9829478 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 12565487 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CDT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.