CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

cdu shorting activity, page-448

1. 3,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    "It is a most complex situation for ordinary one stock investors like me. The ins and outs of the share market machinations are much too obscure for me to delve into too deeply."

In that case max, I wondering why you have been writing letters to ASIC and MPs and just about everyone else: If you haven't delved too deeply, why have you spent 3 years demanding an investigation into things you don't understand? I'm confused

"Shorting if done according to the rules is satisfactory insofar as I am concerned. It is when manipulative behind the scene activities take place leading to a lack of transparency that I take umbridge at. I reckon CDU has been a victim over the years and it is just not right as I tend to see it."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is based on the "CDU shareholder research" written by somebody called "Nev" - I've never come across him myself. I have read parts of it - it's far too long to bother to read in its entirety as it only takes a minute or two to realise it's built on a fundamental misunderstanding of how the market works - it's the typical nominees/shorting/bots conspiracy theory that is demonstrably false. CDU has been a target for short sellers (like me) - but you need to consider the reasons for that. I'm not trying to take over the company by panicking shareholders into selling - I don't want it! - I just think the company is horrendously overvalued, has a horrible record of delivery, has very promotional management, serious corporate governance concerns and a highly active retail commentariat - things that are generally associated with good shorting ideas.

"I am naive and I have been caught too many times. Now when I think a thing doesn't look right, I take precautions. The traders are too shrewd for me. In effect, I have to rely on the Regulator and that is why I persist with my representations on things CuDeco."

I do feel sorry for your past losses on Cudeco, but the first lesson any investor needs to learn is that there is only one person that is responsible for any profits and losses made - that's the investor. You aren't forced into buying Cudeco shares, that's a choice you've made. For profit or for loss, you have to own that decision. Arguing with the market is like arguing with the ocean - pointless.

Anyway, best of luck max - despite being on opposite sides of the debate on the value of this company, I don't wish losses on anyone. I only wish profits on myself!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.