OSL 7.14% 1.3¢ oncosil medical ltd

CE Mark Odds, page-98

1. 17,107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2417
    "Sirtex valued at circa $2 billion at time of takeover for a device that didn’t even save lives'

That was the perception in the newspaper headlines. But the reality was they simply couldn't demonstrate superiority to other treatments, because of the mixed population of colon cancers and liver cancers. They are NOT all the same, in the same way that breast cancers are not all the same. It did demonstrate "non-inferiority" to other standard of care, but the tests have different levels of significance.

So the treatment does work for some types of cancer, IF the genetic origin of the cancer made it responsive to radiation. For non-responsive cancers it was a waste of time, it may have caused some short term improvement but really made no difference to outcome, infact almost certainly worse outcome than having the alternative chemotherapy.

You should pay attention to this because almost its almost certainly relevant to Oncosil. ChinaGrandPharm didn't buy a treatment that didn't work or potentially save lives. I think they recognised that their local population likely have a very high proportion of potential responders to radiation treatment, and they have the means to get it approved for sale in that market.

I'm not saying Oncosil's treatment doesn't work in some genetic types of pancreatic cancer. I'm saying that it will likely have similar problems in PROVING efficacy (just like SIRT). Whether or not it can achieve CE mark based on reconsideration of the evidence so far submitted is an open question, but it would pay not to be over confident.

Its a very difficult and complicated field, and the research is expensive and will likely take a long, long time.
    "Be careful", is all I'm saying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
-0.001(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $49.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ $133.7K 10.21M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 5702087 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 3250095 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.06pm 17/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.