celebrity chefs = celebrity duds., page-6

1. 1,256 Posts.
    Ok Gollum, I'm guessing a bite is what you wanted, well here goes. After 17 years of hard slog in this industry, again because I love my craft, and food, I have worked with many great chefs, who were all prepared to roll up their sleeves, and put in the hard yard on the weekends. Can the ilk of Columbaris say they work on the weekends these days? Sure they did, back in the day.

My business won't be focussed entirely around food, but in the future it will be. I don't feel the need to "show these guys how to make a buck" as they already have that down pat. Which brings me back to my point, they are bleating about not being able to pay staff on weekends.. give me a break mate!
    The old saying goes Gollum, pay peanuts, and get monkeys.

As for the union, well, what can I say, it hasn't done much for our pay and conditions over the last decade. I am a member by the way. Used to be a delegate many moons ago.

The reason talented people are leaving the industry in DROVES is because of the poor conditions and pay, and treatment. Where do you like to eat out Gollum? Have a thought for those behind the scenes next time you are dining....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.