G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

Celebrity Suggestion for Mustang

1. 461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    Hi everyone,
    I am a recent retail investor to Mustang Resources, and like you I DMOR.
    I’ve found the quality of Mustang posters to be in the main very high and informative, and from this as well as other deskbound research I noticed something not fully tackled by previous posters so far this year, hence this post.

Mustang as you’re all aware is at present primarily in Mozambique, our managers have a unique insight into that part of the world, and we as hopeful shareholders are benefiting from that expertise.  There are other Australian companies in Mozambique, the highest profile one, being Syrah Resources.  So Australian companies operating in that part of the world, have no doubt a profile there when compared to other foreign companies doing business there.

The gems business (excluding the industrial applications market, not examined in this post)  is a nicher one based on consumers with high disposable incomes.  It is also a business where consumers have in recent years become very environmentally conscious of the destruction (land degredation) by international mining companies operating in 3rd world countries, as well as their societal impact on the local inhabitants and their well being.  Ruby mining in particular appears to have had a rather sordid history with regards to how they were mined and sold in the very recent past.  Post the GFC of 2008, the discovery of economic deposits of rubies in Mozambique, an entirely new producer country for this mineral, gave the chance to a UK registered company Gemfields PLC in 2012 (first mentioned in their 2012 June 30 AR) a new business opportunity in this mineral.
    Its now, by 2016, one of that company’s top gem segment money earners.  Quite apart from, the financial muscle that Gemfields was able to bring from its other gem operational income into developing their ruby mine in Mozambique, was the development of a new company branding strategy, which wasn’t there prior in their
    AR’s prior to 2014 – and that is the phrase ‘The world’s leading supplier of responsibly sourced coloured gemstones’.  We, Mustang Resources as the second to be supplier of rubies from Mozambique, a clean history country, also wanting to differentiate ourselves from the tainted history of other supplier countries of this gem,
    have also adopted this ‘real and tangible business approach’.  It appears that we have gone even further than Gemfields by treating our current local employees and no doubt soon additional ‘employees to be’ in even better workplace inclusion practices than Gemfields, through our creation of on the ground “Prospecting Teams”. This can be used in our 2017 marketing campaigns ‘to be’ as a POD (point of difference) to our next door neighbour/competitor.  

What I have written thus far, you, the well read MUS HC retail holder already know.  I would now like to extend our POD with our next door competitor, beyond the area of responsible corporate behaviour in 3rd world countries by 1st world companies, of which it appears, we are both pioneers.  At present our more established and well known competitor has the advantage of ‘market presence’ which we as newbies simply don’t have.  They, in 2013, bought a channel distribution gem retailer called Faberge, and good on them, as it made business
    sense then, as it does now.  We on the other hand, don’t have that financial clought right now, but what we do have, is a clean business brand slate with which to work with.  We treat our local employees well, and we internationally represent “Brand Australia”.  Now, Australia as a country has an amazing high international reputation, which money can’t buy.  It’s so high because, we the people live in a great and successful country (check annual international most desired country comparisons on the web) live in a great environment and have a great lifestyle, which others envy.  That being the case, and with gemstone advertising being most effectively represented and projected through the use of beautiful creatures of the female kind (not sexist here, just stating the present practices).

MY  SUGGESTION  TO  MUSTANG  MANAGEMENT

Why not contact our  internationally well known, and more precisely US market well known, Australian born actresses – to promote our rubies, to the world.  Our next door neighbour competitor, can’t match that, now, or ever.  We, not only promote:  responsibly mined rubies, but also give the allure of Australianess to them.

Having made my case, I would now like to suggest to the readers, FOUR high profile Australian born actresses with impeccable US market profile pedigree, they are:

NICOLE  KIDMAN  - recent movies:  Lion 2016, Grace of Monaco 2014 and numerous other movies.

CATE  BLANCHETT  - appeared in ALL of The Lord of the Rings movies

MELISSA  GEORGE  - appeared in the following US sitcoms:  Friends, Grey’s Anatomy, Charmed.

MIRANDA  KERR  - the following US TV shows/sitcoms:  How I met your mother, The Ellen DeGeneres
    Show

No doubt, you now have others in mind too, but you get the idea.

As soon as Meg Berry has cut our first stones this month, it is my suggestion that our MD Christiaan Jordaan ,
    contact all or one of these beautiful ladies, for a WIN – WIN deal for all concerned.

Cheers

Bluequartz

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.