MSB 6.00% 94.0¢ mesoblast limited

celgene, page-54

1. 494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    The last time the Celgene ROFR date passed an announcement was made within days. Many on these threads commented that MSB had caved in. Maybe we did. I certainly thought we looked weak.

Fast forward to this expiry. Firstly, it's different. As a small investor I totally get what some have been expressing on these threads; we've been forgotten. But, if you look at us from the perspective of head office we are just a detail. I think if the board lose sleep over anything it would be what the major investors are thinking, how the negotiations are going and what the results of the clinical trials are showing.
    To paraphrase Humphrey Bogart in Casa Blanca:

"It doesn't take much to see that the problems of small investors don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world."

But paradoxically here's where I draw comfort. Celgene are playing hard ball, as they did during the Oct '15 negotiations. But this time we're playing hard ball back. Think about it. If we were as desperate as some of the nay-sayers on these threads like to say we are, could we? I doubt it.
    I think that those negotiating on behalf of MSB know pretty well what cards they're holding. They already have a very good idea what the CHF preliminary results will look like. They know that if Celgene walk away, MSB will still be strong. Sure some retail investors will get burned, but these people are playing a much bigger game than us. They know that when the war is over, the collateral damage will be forgotten and history will just remember the victory.

Good luck to all holders. Keep strong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.0¢
Change
-0.060(6.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.073B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.0¢ 99.5¢ 93.5¢ $5.643M 5.894M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 72266 93.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.