MSB 3.76% $1.03 mesoblast limited

Also, hate to say it pledge, but the spectator is slinging facts...

1. 7,768 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1337
    Also, hate to say it pledge, but the spectator is slinging facts without an understanding of the nuances behind them.

For example, the death stats they quote doesn't take into consideration the fact that deaths are a lagging factor.

Of the 1200+ new cases today, those that will need hospitalisation will typically require it in 8-10 days from now. Those that get hospitalised sometimes go straight to ICU (we sent a couple there tonight from ED), though some will end up in icu up to a week after admission.

Once in ICU, they may require intubation. They can remain alive and intubated for a long time. During the first wave last year nearly no one was extubated before spending 20 days tubed.

The young and otherwise well are less likely to be intubated, but I can guarantee many end up there. And they can live a long time intubated (good reserve, kidneys and heart were in good shape prior).

For those that were young and premorbidly well, we are much more likely to keep them intubated a long time, as they are more likely to survive a prolonged ICU stay.

The elderly, unfortunately, do not fare as well with prolonged ICU stays, hence why we are seeing those deaths now.

So those deaths, those middle aged otherwise well deaths not seen in the stats? Many just haven't died yet.

It sucks. It's goddamned tragic. It's absolutely heartbreaking, but people get fooled by these absolute garbage websites that push nonsense stats to people that are misinformed.

The deaths are coming. The system is strained to the point of breaking at the moment.

I've done 6 red shifts in a row, despite the fact we are supposed to alternate red and green shifts (for our own mental health and safety) purely because the red zone (covid zone) is getting slammed. In a dangerous way.

So just wait. It's still getting way worse before it gets better. And once we open up, it's going to be the unvaxxed that cop it.

And I'll treat them the same as anyone else. But it will be hard to have sympathy for those that willingly put my life, my colleagues life, and other peoples lives at risk because they think they know better than the experts.

And I don't care if you don't believe me. You may once you experience it yourself. I go face to face with both covid and vaccine side effects every day, and I'll be getting my booster as soon as I'm able.

And @Lopez, those janitors you always make fun of? They're in there risking their health for their community, while you sit and type illegible nonsense behind the safety of your computer. You get no respect from me.
    Last edited by DocMcstuffins: 16/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.040(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.170B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.01 $13.19M 12.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 61090 $1.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 239558 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.