MSB 1.34% $1.51 mesoblast limited

Cell Therapy News/Articles, page-11593

1. 1,194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    For COPD the results that MSB demonstrated were consistent with a durable stemming (no pun intended) of the decline in lung function as measured by the 6MWT. The fact that there was no improvement indicated to me that the cells don't rebuild anything but what they do do is to suppress the overt immune response that occurs during exacerbations that result in more damaged lung.

Exacerbations due to underlying infection from common types of bacteria in the lung are why the disease shows terminal decline in lung function - currently the only real treatment is intravenous antibiotics and steroids like prednisone - neither of which show any sort of durable response but are used to manage symptoms of the exacerbation, usually they are only applied after the damage has been done which is why your lung function slowly declines until death which is usually due to heart attack or stroke as the body attempts to pump blood faster around the body due to the low O2 saturation.

I would have loved for my father who passed away from COPD a couple of years ago to have had access to Rem-L - the benefits of just maintaining the existing lung function are enormous when you factor in the cost of repeated hospitalisation visits for intravenous antibiotics.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.