MSB 2.70% 95.0¢ mesoblast limited

@Wilba32https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6679174/I...

1. 426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11871
    @Wilba32

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6679174/

I think you will find that the therapy for perianal fistula administered by Amy Lightner is Alofisel (darvadstrocel) , an adipose derived MSC , which is produced by Takeda . The latter company pays Mesoblast a single digit royalty for use of IP. Revenues have fallen well short of expectations to date from this source because some European regulators have questioned the cost benefit of the treatment…. Alofisel has recently gained approval in Japan and earned an RMAT designation , suggesting it will be fast tracked for approval in the US at some stage in the future. Eventually it might make a decent royalty stream for Mesoblast … but please remember that if our treatment for Chrohns Colitis is successful, it should cure the majority of patients before they start to suffer from fistulas which are effectively long term complications arising from Crohn’s Disease.

Mesoblast was happy to allow their IP to be licensed for this specific application as they are not interested in fistulas as a downstream complication. The current trial being conducted by the Cleveland clinic for 24 patients with Crohns Colitis and Ulcerative Colitis should hopefully confirm initial feedback that Remestemcel therapy directly administered to local sites of inflammation is able to put steroid refractory Crohns Colitis patients into remission within weeks or months . I think Takeda have made a fundamental error in their use of “fresh cells” ( as opposed to cryopreserved cells) which hugely complicates both the logistics and costs of the procedure…. But that’s a story for another day.

hope that helps ….

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
0.025(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $1.084B
Open High Low Value Volume
94.0¢ 96.8¢ 93.5¢ $4.207M 4.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 42268 94.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
95.0¢ 48002 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.