MSB 5.50% $1.38 mesoblast limited

Good spot . Apologies,I listened to the first two minutes of the...

1. 438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12202

Good spot . Apologies,I listened to the first two minutes of the video and just thought it was the same mistake that everyone always makes regarding the Takeda licence. When I checked after your comment, it does say right at the end “bone marrow”. As you can see below from an extract from a recent peer reviewed publication (including Amy Lightner as a major contributor) there is little clinical trial evidence regarding any potential superiority using adipose over bone marrow derived for this particular indication.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6679174/

“Interestingly we are uncertain whether bone-marrow-derived MSCs versus adipose-derived MSCs offer a better therapeutic approach; both have been studied independently for the treatment of perianal Crohn’s disease, but they have neverbeencompared side by side in a clinical trial. In vitro, adipose-derived MSCs are clearly different than bone-marrow-derived, despite their similarities in cell surface expression markers [56]. Adipose MSCs replicate faster and proliferate longer in culture. In addition, the two cell types seem to differentiate along their lineages, toward an adipocyte versus an osteogenic capacity [56]. Adipose-derived MSCs have also been shown to have higher levels of secretion of cytokines that have been implicated in the immunomodulatory modes of action, including interleukin-6 and transforming growth factor-β1, and may have more potent immunomodulatory effects compared to bone marrow MSCs [57]. However, how this translates into clinical efficacy within clinical trials with Crohns’ disease remains unknown”

The implications of using bone marrow is that it is likely to be more costly and the relative efficacy is still conjecture. All the same it is worth following up with Mesoblast to check if there are ramifications involving them beyond my pay grade. Somehow i doubt it , since Mesoblast maintains IP over the use of both adipose and bone marrow derived cells for this indication…unless of course Amy Lightner has been given special permission to use Mesoblasts cells on this occasion in the interests of clinical science ?

@Cadogan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.