MSB 5.50% $1.38 mesoblast limited

“The results of this global Phase 3 study of omidubicel in...

1. 438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12202
    “The results of this global Phase 3 study of omidubicel in patients with hematologic malignancies show that omidubicel resulted in faster hematopoietic recovery, fewer bacterial and viral infections and fewer days in hospital, all of which are meaningful results and represent potentially important advancements in care when considering the patient experience following transplant,” saidMitchell Horwitz, M.D., principal investigator and professor of medicine at theDuke Cancer Institute. “The comparator, a transplant with umbilical cord blood, has been historically shown to result in low incidence of graft versus host disease (GvHD) in relation to other graft sources, and in this study, omidubicel demonstrated a GvHD profile similar to the comparator

https://investors.gamida-cell.com/news-events/press-releases/news-release-details/gamida-cell-presents-efficacy-and-safety-results

So Johnny1982, if I am reading this right . Great news that Gamida had a successful Phase 3 trial as far as lower infection rates and speeding up neutrophil engraftment by about 6-7 days compared to other therapies , but no statistically significant benefit shown in relation to incidence of patients subsequently suffering from GVHD post transplant ….in other words , means no change to competitive threat landscape and we do not have to choke on our bran flakes. I guess Gamida must have been a little disappointed with that part of the result…but they only had to ask Silviu about the prophylactic opportunity…he has already worked that out !
    Interesting that they used Lonza production facilities since it is well known that Mesoblast have an exclusivity arrangement as regards any allogenic therapies which use MSCs. Doubt there is any real friction there as Shawn Cline Tomasello sits on both boards….which would not normally be allowed if they were in open competition with each other.

Last edited by otherperspective: 20/01/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.