MSB 8.76% 88.5¢ mesoblast limited

Great find and very interesting post. Thank you as always...

1. 259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 666

Great find and very interesting post. Thank you as always @otherperspective. Your posts are top notch.

Just picked up an accidental oversight (I know it is just an accidental oversight for you OP because you know your stuff - but I will elaborate for the other members). Think you meant age and gender adjusted prevalence rate (not incidence rate) for Crohn's Disease associated perianal fistula in Japan at 13.68 per 100,000.

For members the prevalence rate is the proportion of the population living with the condition (i.e. 13.68 per 100,000 population - noting Japan's population in 2019 was approximately 126.3 million people - so in Japan during 2019 it is estimated that approx. 17,278 people were living with Crohn's Disease associated perianal fistula.

The incidence rate on the other hand is the proportion of the population that develops the condition (i.e. new patients) during the period reported (usually a year).

What this means is our partners have an initial 17,278 patient pool to treat initially in Japan (conservative number - agree with OP these statistics have largely been trending up most likely due to increasingly poorer Western dietary choices in Japan). On top of this we will have new patients in the years to come diagnosed each year to add to the list of potential patients. Don't get me wrong, I note it is impossible to treat every eligible patient that has developed fistulas in the anal or perianal region as a complication of Crohns's Disease; however if our Japanese partners can treat just a modest proportion of these patients initially, then revenues from these initial (and ongoing) royalties in Japan will be good for business.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4004/4004920-de17e88a1dbf5c66fb05fa09900e2ef0.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4005/4005178-0f279f60f1cdd468fa2d057ef5884580.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.