MSB 1.40% $1.09 mesoblast limited

Cell Therapy News/Articles, page-143

1. 887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2907
    I posted the link to MSB's involvement in cancer research below a few days ago and the subsequent discussion on this forum made me think it could be more important than I initially realised:

https://www.business.gov.au/assista...projects-crc-ps/current-crc-p-selection-round

I asked my daughter about the research and have written a summery below. Any errors will be my misunderstanding as our discussion was brief,  so please feel free to correct:

Donor cells are chosen that are immunocompatible with ~50% of the Australian population; the product of these donor cells will not evoke an immune response in these individuals. Thus the product could be administered in up to ~50% of Australians should they require it.

The donor cells are treated with transcription factors to convert them into stem cells. These stem cells are then gene edited (CRISPR?) to become cytotoxic T cells that recognise receptors commonly over expressed on cancer cells. This allows the cytotoxic T cell to recognise and destroy cancer cells.  These cytotoxic T cells can be considered the final product.

If this works, then it could potentially be as big as a drug like Herceptin, which targets over expression of HER2.

One thing for sure is that CRISPR is making cellular medicine much easier and more viable. My daughter raves about CRISPR.  I think it's a big reason why interest in stem cells has exploded in recent years.

All IMO. Good luck to all holders

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.09
Change
0.015(1.40%)
Mkt cap ! $1.238B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.11 $1.12 $1.08 $11.51M 10.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17804 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.09 230637 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.09
  Change
0.015 ( 1.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.12 $1.08 1937390
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.