MSB 1.78% $1.11 mesoblast limited

This $6.5 billion move from Biogen is another example of why...

1. 15,458 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5553
    This $6.5 billion move from Biogen is another example of why (sadly) I don’t believe Mesoblast will be around in 12 months time if we receive FDA approval for Remestemcel-L …. this drug treats a disease that only affects 1 in 50,000 people (or circa 6,000 people) in the USA - I also couldn’t see where it has data for multiple other indications like Remestemcel-L does ?

Remember, it’s all about money with big pharma and one of the global giants wanting something that the others don’t have that will contribute to and protect their future revenues … add to that Mesoblast’s MSC patent portfolio second to none along with many years of data and multiple treatments that have completed phase 3 trials so it might tempt more than one suitor, especially CLBP and CHF

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/28/bio...llion-to-bulk-up-rare-disease-portfolio-.html

Biogen to buy Reata for $6.5 billion to bulk up rare disease portfolio

Biogen agreed to buy biotech firm Reata Pharmaceuticalsfor nearly $6.5 billion to bolster its position in the rare disease drugs market while its older multiple sclerosis drugs face intense competition.

Through the deal, Biogen said it will gain Plano, Texas-based Reata’s recently approved drug Skyclarys to treat a rare genetic disorder that causes progressive damage to the nervous system.

Reata’s Skyclarys is the only approved treatment for Friedreich’s ataxia, which affects about one in every 50,000 people, in the United States.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
-0.020(1.78%)
Mkt cap ! $1.261B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.13 $1.09 $4.556M 4.141M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9590 $1.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 3132 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.