MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Lots of good discussion here about improved survival due to...

1. 1,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1396
    Lots of good discussion here about improved survival due to increasingly improved SOC. Which is wonderful. If you can access it.

Some correctly note that this benefit applies to the treatment arm as well as the control arm of Rem-L trial. Agreed.

But don't lose sight of the word "survival". That's a very broad description and doesn't provide important detail about how long patients spend in ICU enjoying the benefits of this better SOC. It just means "not dead".

Although all cause mortality is the main focus of the RCT there must be an appreciation of how much time, how much equipment, how many people, it takes to achieve the improvement. Even if Rem-L only equalled the SOC survival rate (unlikely IMO) there would be great consideration given to how much effort (read dollars) it takes to achieve this.

And, going off the ABC radio program I heard today (I hope to provide the link soon), check out some of the professor's points, as I quoted:

This is a Pandora's Box
    Whatever condition you have now, this virus will make worse
    Virus has changed and now attacking younger
    A mild case of respiratory symptoms does not mean mild sequelae. Can still get the nasties.
    These people didn't need ICU or SOC but they sure might need repair
    A Recovery Unit has been set up in UK because of recognition of the numberless cases of serious effects lasting beyond the initial illness.
    It's already too late for numerous cases. Many more cases than are yet identified.

This is about a lot more than surviving well enough to escape ICU. The improved SOC will not help much with the sequelae, much of which is only now coming into calculation. Better ventilation technique won't help the heart, liver, vasculature, etc. that we hope Rem-L will protect and maybe repair.

And it all presumes that there is enough SOC to do the job. We know there isn't and it's about to get worse.

Plenty of work for Rem-L in COVID, regardless of survival rates.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.