MSB 3.21% $1.13 mesoblast limited

Cell Therapy News/Articles, page-5493

1. 473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 800
    Thanks @Tunnah, you are a great contributor to this stock. I just want to point out that:

Convalescent plasma: does NOT contains T cells. As it is not possible to inject immune cells from one individual to another unless their major histocompatibility complex (MHC) is matched (ie: identical twin). The plasma is the liquid fraction of the blood devoid of red blood cells and white blood cells. Convalescent plasma should contain antibodies [mixed types and (subtypes): IgG(1,2...), IgM(k,l), IgE etc...] that target SARS-COV2. In addition, the plasma will also contain cytokines and chemokines from the donor (at low levels, because the donor has recovered), which may modulate cells in the recipients. Although, convalescent plasma could help, one would expect there will be vast variability in efficacy due to the fact that each donor may produce varying amount and types of antibodies against the virus, and not all antibodies are neutralizing (can block the virus from entering another cell).

Immunoglobulin, like LY-CoV555, is a purified antibody targeting SARS-COV2, and does NOT contain B cells. The antibody is normally produced by isolating and selecting for a single "best" B cell from a patient(s) and to make an immortalized B cell out of that one cell. The cell is then expanded in bioreactors and the antibody is collected, and store into vials, ready for use. As this antibody was pre-selected, we know that it should be good at neutralizing the virus. Thus on one hand, it should perform better than convalescent plasma; however, as this is from one clone of antibody targeting a particular region of the virus, if the virus mutate it's glycoprotein in this region, the antibody efficacy would drop significantly. Let's hope that the targeting region this and many other immunoglobulins we are testing come from a very conserved region of the virus, this way we could have a therapy for longer. But as with many viruses, it's not a matter of IF, but when the virus will mutate. Perhaps by then we would have found an effective vaccine (I), antivirals (II) and treatments (III) - for those who have failed to respond to I and II. I think all I,II,III must be fulfilled for us to end this pandemic. Otherwise, we are relying on "luck" that the virus will become less deadly overtime all by itself (just like swine flu).

Keep up the good work mate. I miss @ecoool2 already!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.