MSB 4.89% $1.07 mesoblast limited

I’m noticing increasing references in the media to the lingering...

1. 236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    I’m noticing increasing references in the media to the lingering impact of the Covid-19 virus in patients, often several months after the acute phase is overcome. This is now sometimes referred to as ‘long covid’.

The symptoms of ‘long covid’ are said to range from loss of taste or smell, breathlessness or confusion through to severe impact on vital organs including heart, lungs, kidneys and brain for example.

There seems to be growing acceptance that many of the acute and chronic impacts of C19 are related to an excessive inflammatory response or cytokine storm. The effect of remestemcel-l in the trial, if successful, is thought to centre around quelling this inflammatory response. Potentially this could have a measureable impact on ‘long covid’ imo.

Given that the trial was initiated in late April, ie. relatively early, I doubt that the long term effects of the virus on surviving patients were fully appreciated at that time.

I’ve been looking at the criteria of the MSB Covid -19 ARDs trial. While mortality is monitored up to 90 days, follow up analysis for most scales of improvement and clinical markers seems to cease at 30 days post infusion.

Just thinking out aloud, I’m wondering about the potential benefits that might result from monitoring both arms of the trial for the symptoms like ‘long covid’ for a much longer period.

Ultimately, I suspect there may be potential benefit for remestemcel-l to treat a wider range of C19 patients other than just those intubated with moderate or severe ARDs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...patients-suffer-debilitating-symptoms-months/

Herro

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.055(4.89%)
Mkt cap ! $1.221B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.14 $1.16 $1.06 $8.816M 8.055M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 280000 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.