MSB 2.12% 92.5¢ mesoblast limited

not sure if any doctors can explain something to me... the MSB...

1. 5,487 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8941

• not sure if any doctors can explain something to me... the MSB COVID 19 ARDs trial has the below inclusion criteria which measures the level of inflammation in a patient:
    • High sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (hs-CRP) serum level >4.0 mg/dL
    I believe anything above 3.0 mg/dL is already considered high, so >4.0 mg/dL means the patients have pretty severe inflammation and that is what remestemcel-l would benefit most.

in the PDF posted by @herro it has a table on page 5 which shows the patient’s CRP which averages 29 and severe ARDS had an average of 45, moderate 27 and mild 29. I think they might be measuring mg/L and not mg/dL, which would divide their figures by 10.

if I’m correct, then a lot of patients in the Spanish study would not have been admitted into the MSB trial. As they would need to have a CRP reading above 4.0mg/dL or 40 mg/L.

that would explain why the mortality rate is so low in the Spanish study, and why Dr Grossman and Silviu insisted that the recent reports still show a 60-80% mortality rate in the class of patients they are recruiting for moderate to severe ARDS.

I suspect they are referring to the CRP score, as this is a sign that inflammation is at a critical level for the patients (similar to aGVHD patients).

anyway I’m looking for some medical guidance as to whether or not the Spanish study is correctly quoting the CRP as mg/dL as they have in the table or is it mg/L?
    Last edited by stockrock: 29/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.12%)
Mkt cap ! $1.056B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 93.5¢ 92.0¢ $2.103M 2.270M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 106422 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 59027 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.