MSB 0.00% 94.0¢ mesoblast limited

this is the thing i was thinking about this week, and the...

1. 5,051 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 559
    this is the thing i was thinking about this week, and the competing treatment that might be around, the difference between gene therapy, and Tcells and or effect on each other, or are they one it same .. having effect on each other...adn it maybe the thing that is not fully understood or even how it works.

"Hypothetically, if stem cells from appropriate tis- sues were isolated from a person with a disease caused by a single gene mutation, and a function- al copy of that gene was introduced into the stem

cells, the transplantation of those replacement cells into the patient would cure the disease. Such an approach would be considered to be gene therapy, because it is a “medical intervention based on modification of the genetic material of living cells.”46
    In the early 1990s, somatic-cell therapy and gene therapy were often addressed together39,46 because many proposals made to the FDA in- volved the ex vivo treatment of somatic cells with a gene-therapy vector and the subsequent return of those modified cells to the patient. "

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.