MSB 4.89% $1.07 mesoblast limited

The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York is the...

1. 236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York is the sponsor of MSB’s ARDS trial. Several affiliated Mount Sinai hospitals are trial sites.

This same organization has recently released a study linking widespread cardiac dysfunction and structural damage to Covid-19.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...y-COVID-19-patients-after-cardiac-injury.aspx

The researchers analysed cardiographic scans of 305 adult patients with confirmed positive Covid-19, admitted to five New York hospitals, and two hospitals in Milan, Italy, between March and May this year.

190 patients (62.6 percent) had evidence of myocardial injury; 118 of them had heart damage at the time of admission and 72 developed myocardial injury during hospitalisation.”

Higher inflammatory biomarkers were found in patients with myocardial injury.

The study leaders concluded that an echocardiogram “is a useful and important tool in early identification of patients at greater risk for Covid-19 related cardiac injury, who may benefit from a more aggressive therapeutic approach earlier in their hospitalisation.

Additionally, because this is a new disease with lingering symptoms, we plan on following these patients closely using imaging, to evaluate the evolution and hopefully resolution of these cardiac issues.”

‘Long covid’ and its detrimental effect on vital organs is a reality. And because the virus mutates, in my view Covid, like flu, is probably here long term.

Not sure what others think, but in my view there may be a unique opportunity available for MSB if they can further alter the ARDS trial secondary outcomes to include cardiac analysis at 6 and 12 months.

Usual bias. Herro

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.055(4.89%)
Mkt cap ! $1.221B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.14 $1.16 $1.06 $8.816M 8.055M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 280000 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.