MSB 6.57% 99.5¢ mesoblast limited

Cell Therapy News/Articles, page-7659

1. 1,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1114
    "According to BrainStorm, the efficacy goal was powered on assumed treatment response rates of 35% for NurOwn compared to 15% for placebo, with both based on historical clinical trial data and mid-stage results for the experimental therapy. The company said the main goal was achieved in 34.7% of NurOwn participants, but the placebo group outperformed expectations at 24.7%, a result that "exceeded placebo responses observed in contemporary ALS trials." The secondary efficacy endpoint measuring average change in ALSFRS-R total score from baseline to week 28 also failed to reach significance, at -5.52 with NurOwn versus -5.88 for placebo."

This section in particular is required reading when assessing risk in the Mesoblast covid trial. It's an area of very little control and can have huge consequences. Sounds like these researchers should have powered their trial a little bit more, but hindsight is 20/20. For Mesoblast, we have a bit more confidence because:
    • Our pre-trial findings have a much larger difference between treated and untreated
    • Our trial is overpowered for the results we expect to see
    • There's an extensive set of secondary end points

The tweak to our inclusion criteria excluding individuals with a very large BMI around the same time as the readout is interesting. I'm guessing they are just updating based on emerging findings about factors affecting mortality rates, but the timing still made me raise my eyebrows. I think it's an excellent change.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
-0.070(6.57%)
Mkt cap ! $1.136B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.04 $1.04 99.5¢ $3.980M 3.944M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 56239 99.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 103125 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.