WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Cellscience/super cell

1. 1,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 533
    Late last year (November 2016)  and early this year (1 March 2017), Procter & Gamble filed trade mark applications in relation to class 3 and/or 21 goods (skin care products and devices) for the following words:

CELLSCIENCE applications filed in:
    - Great Britain on 22 November 2016
    - Australia on 22 November 2016
    - Taiwan on 1 March 2017
    - Hong Kong on 1 March 2017

OLAY CELLSCIENCE application filed in:
    - Taiwan on 7 November 2016

SUPER CELL applications in:
    - United States on 18 November 2016
    - Canada on 22 November 2016

I had seen these trade marks before, but I didn't think anything of these in terms of an OBJ-connection until now.  The Hong Kong CELLSCIENCE trade mark application was published on the Hong Kong trade mark database just a few days ago, and it is more detailed than the others. Note how it makes reference to "magnetic applicator".  It is therefore reasonable, I think, to draw the inference that these trade marks will be associated with OLAY products incorporating OBJ technology.

I do not offer an explanation as to why SUPER CELL is being used by P&G in the United States and Canada (rather than CELLSCIENCE), other than the possibility that P&G's lawyers or marketing team advised the use of SUPER CELL in those countries because CELLSCIENCE wasn't legally or practically feasible.

TM - CELLSCIENCE - HK.png
    TM - CELLSCIENCE - TW.png TM - OLAY CELLSCIENCE - TW.png TM - CELLSCIENCE - AU.png TM - SUPER CELL - CA.png TM - SUPER CELL - US.png TM - SUPER CELL - CELLSCIENCE - UK-CA-US.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.