WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Late last year (November 2016) and early this year (1 March...

1. 1,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 533
    Late last year (November 2016)  and early this year (1 March 2017), Procter & Gamble filed trade mark applications in relation to class 3 and/or 21 goods (skin care products and devices) for the following words:

CELLSCIENCE applications filed in:
    - Great Britain on 22 November 2016
    - Australia on 22 November 2016
    - Taiwan on 1 March 2017
    - Hong Kong on 1 March 2017

OLAY CELLSCIENCE application filed in:
    - Taiwan on 7 November 2016

SUPER CELL applications in:
    - United States on 18 November 2016
    - Canada on 22 November 2016

I had seen these trade marks before, but I didn't think anything of these in terms of an OBJ-connection until now.  The Hong Kong CELLSCIENCE trade mark application was published on the Hong Kong trade mark database just a few days ago, and it is more detailed than the others. Note how it makes reference to "magnetic applicator".  It is therefore reasonable, I think, to draw the inference that these trade marks will be associated with OLAY products incorporating OBJ technology.

I do not offer an explanation as to why SUPER CELL is being used by P&G in the United States and Canada (rather than CELLSCIENCE), other than the possibility that P&G's lawyers or marketing team advised the use of SUPER CELL in those countries because CELLSCIENCE wasn't legally or practically feasible.

TM - CELLSCIENCE - HK.png
    TM - CELLSCIENCE - TW.png TM - OLAY CELLSCIENCE - TW.png TM - CELLSCIENCE - AU.png TM - SUPER CELL - CA.png TM - SUPER CELL - US.png TM - SUPER CELL - CELLSCIENCE - UK-CA-US.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.